Annual Business Meeting
February 8, 2017
- Pledge of Allegiance
- DBA Executive Director Remarks – DBA Executive Director Jan Stieger made welcoming remarks.
- DBA President Remarks – DBA Board President Todd Lansky after determining that a quorum was present called the meeting to order at 9:18am. President Lansky welcomed attendees to the 20th annual conference, introduced the Board, and reflected on the history of the association, and highlighted prior year successes including state and federal advocacy, rebranding, and decision to amend bylaws to add a non-debt buyer to the Board. Overarching goals: (1) maintain integrity of the certification program, (2) leader in state and federal advocacy, and (3) grow and diversify the membership.
- Approval of the 2016 Annual Business Meeting Minutes – It was M/S/C (Naiman/Dreifuerst) to approve the 2016 Annual Business Meeting minutes.
- Treasurer’s Report – DBA Treasurer Irwin Kirschenbaum reported that DBA remains strong financially with reserves above recommended level.
- Legislative & Legal Fund – DBA Board Member Mark Naiman reported a strong year in membership contributions to the Legislative & Legal Fund which supports our state and federal advocacy efforts.
- President’s Award – DBA President Todd Lansky announced that Steve Cohen was the recipient of the 1st annual President’s Award which recognizes exceptional volunteerism at the committee level.
- Adjournment – The Annual Business Meeting was adjourned at 9:44 AM.